Ask someone on the street what type of person is most likely to be a marijuana user, and you’ll likely hear a description of the stereotypical stoner. Most people picture marijuana users the way they are often depicted in movies and on television, but the truth is that there is no one type of marijuana user. In areas where marijuana use is fully legal or available for medicinal use, people of a variety of ages and from many different socioeconomic backgrounds visit dispensaries to purchase legal weed.
These are just some of the categories of marijuana users in the U.S. today:
– Successful Professionals. People with stressful jobs often rely on cannabis to help them relax and decompress after hard days at the office. Many wealthy individuals view cannabis as safer than drinking alcohol, and they are likely to use luxury weed vaporizer pen products and desktop vaporizers instead of smoking cannabis.
– People Who Grew Up in the 60s. Individuals who were a part of hippie culture during the 1960s are now returning to cannabis use in places where it is legal. Former hippies have a tendency to smoke pot rather than vape because that’s the way they became accustomed to using the drug back in the day.
– Moms and Dads in their 40s and 50s. Now that marijuana is legal in many places, many middle aged mothers and fathers are trying cannabis for the first time because they’ve always been curious about its effects. Some middle aged people are just one-time or occasional users, while others become regular vapists or smokers.
– Tech Gurus. Marijuana use is rather common among people in Silicon Valley. Some top level executives with tech companies have actually been responsible for launching well-known weed vape pen (see VaporPlants), portable, and desktop vaporizer brands like Firefly.
– Artistic Individuals. Many of the most famous songs, books, and poems of the 1960s were created by people who used marijuana to get their creative juices flowing. Modern-day artists, composers, musicians, writers, and other people involved with the arts are now following in their footsteps and using legal cannabis.
– Pro and Amateur Athletes. Athletes at all levels of competition may use marijuana to ease mental stress that can compromise athletic performance. The use of marijuana is very common in many sports, especially extreme ones.
– Individuals with Medical Problems. Medicinal marijuana is used to ease symptoms of many medical conditions from post-traumatic stress disorder to glaucoma to side effects from chemotherapy. Patients who use medical cannabis range in age from toddlers to the elderly. Often, doctors recommend desktop vaporizer to make medicinal cannabis use safer for the lungs, but some people do choose to smoke medical marijuana instead of using a weed vaporizer.
This is a small sampling of the types of people that use weed vaporizers and smoke cannabis today. As more states legalize marijuana for medical and recreational use, you can be certain that cannabis users will become an even more diverse group. One day, it’s likely that the stereotype of the stoner will be just a distant memory.